Lack of perioperative leadership, rising costs and inadequate throughput creates dissatisfaction in operating room suites throughout the country. NAPA aligns hospital anesthesia and OR services in order to increase patient, surgeon and clinical staff satisfaction as well as surgical throughput. We do this by successfully addressing anesthesia leadership and department management, OR efficiency and financial accountability.
Steps in a typical transition to a NAPA partnership include:
- Align interests of anesthesia department and hospital
- Analyze current anesthesia team citizenship and performance
- Analyze current financial performance
- Consider staffing options–NAPA typically retains 90% of qualified hospital staff members, post-transition
- Assess data availability and technology options